Thursday, November 30, 2006

The Weather

Around here, the weather has been the big talk of town....first it got cold, then we saw the flurries...then the snow ...and some places had more snow than others...(ours did not stick (: )...then it got REAL cold...and yesterday it never got above freezing...and last night we had black ice...and then this morning, just plain old rain...There you have it....Oregon weather in a nut shell. Weather is always big news around here....with updates ever so often...do we care? I think we do...ice and snow around here become breaking news...the city comes to a stand still and school and other places shut down...Where I grew up, weather was never the main thing...it just came and went and you lived with it, spring, summer, fall and winter....you rolled with it, dressed for it, and enjoyed each season tremendously.... Every Season had it's charm!!

1 comment:

Nate and Andrea said...

I love winter. I never get tired of watching the snow come down. I love seeing snow cover everything. My favorite is how still everything is. I like to go outside and just stand there and listen.