Friday, November 03, 2006

An Update from my Kitchen Table

Just a little note this morning from my kitchen table.....since I am still officially "walker bound" ....we have rigged up my laptop to work at the kitchen table...I am doing real well, although have not had a full day up yet...who can expect that....I had surgery last week!!! But with tools like a bellie pouch (where I keep my phones) a sturdy walker, good flat shoes, no obstacles in the way, and the ever present "Tommie the Tong" (an invaluable gripper that works as my extended arm) I am all set to move about...well not too much , but I am getting there. So I am able to put in a few hours a day at my beloved laptop. Other news this morning...Pat left for Africa....he will be attending the Great Lakes Consultation in Rwanda and Congo....representing Good Shepherd at this annual get together to talk about relief and projects and progress in the Great Lakes area (Rwanda, Burundi and Congo)...we appreciate prayer for all of this...I have my schedule slowly filling up with people to come and visit, check in on me and help me out with all those "bending things" that I cannot and am not allowed to do yet....so if I have not heard from you yet......come by and visit!! Would love to see you!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello my friend! I would be there in a second to visit if I was in town. :-) love you!

Nate and Andrea said...

Andrea and I have treats this Wednesday. What would you like?

Nate and Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sing me up! I'll give you a call today... I'd love to drop by! I'm glad to hear that you are recovering well... especially with such a handy grabbing tool... :)