Thursday, February 28, 2008

Worldview

What is your WORLDVIEW like? Are you GLOBALLY inclined ?
This has been a good week for me. It has once again opened my eyes to the reality of THE WORLD! Especially the parts of the world where Christians are persecuted for their faith. In leading the daily prayer times at this conference we have been to, I have had to study, and prepare material from close to 50 countries around the globe where Christians are harassed, persecuted and also martyred for their faith. It has been a good reminder...that we, right here in our cozy little Western world have an unbelievable responsibility....to PRAY for Brothers and Sisters around the world....that is part of my GLOBAL MANDATE !! Is it yours?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, I don't always think globally. I know it will be easier when our dear friends are there and need our prayer. Thanks for reminding me that we need to always be praying for the persecuted church! It is so easy to live with blinders on here in America.

Anonymous said...

When you send your beloved one to an unstable country, your eyes are forced open to global issues and you heart breaks all the more. Our church is about to send a team and I'm asking for Rakel's expert help in mobilizing a church to be the prayer team at home.