Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Ten Years ago...

Well, it had to come eventually....the 10 year mark of loosing our son Jonathan. Monday, September 4th was that day. A lot of time has past, at the same time, it seems like yesterday. Some memories are still very vivid....something that is painful but also a gift, because memories is all we have until that day in glory when we will meet all those who have gone before. Thank you all of our friends out there who told us you were thinking and praying for us that day!! We felt it....We praise God for friends...and for memories.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know...I had those thoughts of you just the other day. I was remembering it was around the time school started. It just reminds me that God puts on our hearts those who need our prayers. You are loved and prayed for.

Jennifer said...

I do remember meeting you just a few weeks after when Esther invited me to attend your home group. I remember you both being overcome with grief. I'm remember the group being so quite and Pat said that we would just pray the entire evening for missions overseas and people to come to know Christ. This was the first time in my life I had ever prayed for missions or even thought about those overseas that need to hear about Jesus. God taught me so much from that time together, and I really grew to love you both from that point on. You have an amazing way of inspiring people, especially the young. You fill the room with the fragrance of Christ, and you have lead many to take deeper steps in their faith. You have been spiritual parents to many and are a gift to those who meet you.

We love you so much!

Jen Hibbs said...

You were in our thoughts & prayers that day friends :)
We love & appreciate you both very much~
peter & jen

Anonymous said...

love you both!