

This weekend was our annual RELIEF weekend at church. It is always an incredible privilege to be involved in sharing stories with our people. This year Jonathan shared about what proper giving looks like...giving that is built on relationships, accountability, indigenous sustainable and equity (he got the word RAISE out of that). In the FOYER we had THE WALL up and on the front you could read about where our relief money went in the last few years, and on the other side of the wall there were lot's of information about the projects we are involved in...Kristin was the main designer...and I became the chief gluer...(ask me about the day I just about passed out from glue). Anyway, it was fun....and now we pray that GOD will put on many peoples' hearts to share with our less fortunate brothers and sisters in Africa.
This weekend was also our summer team commissioning....and it is always a joy to see so many excited about the regions beyond!!
6 comments:
Sorry I missed the weekend - I had pressing matters to attend to in Bend... like two days off. :) So, tell me about the time you almost passed out from glue! That sounds like a story too good to be passed up! Well, maybe on my break today i'll wander over to the foyer and see if the wall is still set up. At least I can see that, even if I couldn't be here for the whole weekend. Thanks for sharing, Rakel. I love reading your blogs!
Sorry THE WALL had to come down right after the second service on Sunday...because of a wedding...
Rakel, the wall looks terrific. I'm also sorry that I couldn't attend the service. This is always one of my favorite services of the year. I love seeing how many people are up on the stage, leaving for summer missions. I especially love finding the ones who are going for the first time! It's such a eye opening, motivational weekend that gets me excited. By the way, the wall looks great! You and Kristin make such a good team.
who got married?
who got married?
Wow! Kristen using her amazing gifts!! You guys are so cool...
Post a Comment