Saturday, October 01, 2005

From Summer to Fall in a Day

Thought I show you a pictures from my recent visit to California. Well, as much as it was GREAT to be in Southern CA, by the Ocean, enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful palmtrees all over Ventura, I really went there to spend time with Andraus...our Doctor son. He had a knee operation...so I got to be his nurse!! Fun! He is doing well and is now back to work. He is in his third year of Residency at Ventura County Medical Center in Ventura.

Otherwise...it if FALL in Oregon. In one day summer went from summer to FALL! It rained over an inch and a half yesterday....it is definitely cooler, and the colors are everywhere. On Tuesday this past week, our friends Paul and Beth left for the Middle East....on Friday David and Robyn went back to Central Asia and on Monday our dear friend Melissa leaves for Germany! Wow! Small groups and ministries have started back up at church....and every Friday night, rain or shine, the speakers over at the local High School remind us of another sure sign of Fall in the NW...Football Season is in full swing. His Highness Ebenezer Flop meister, our big, black CAT...is a fairweather cat, loves our fire place and does not go out when it rains, another sure sign of Fall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Rakel! Praying for you to feel better ... hope you and Ebeneezer can curl up by the fire and rest together.

Anonymous said...

Rakel, so fun that you guys have a blog... I live a little closer to you now, and I also get to enjoy the Gopher games on rainy Friday nights... from my kitchen. Ah Fall.

Bekah said...

I miss Oregon fall!! It rained here last weekend and as I woke up to the sound of rain, I thought I was home.