Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Airports and Other Thoughts

Yesterday was another airport day ( I wonder how many times we have been out there in the last few years?)...Well, first we went to meet some dear friends from years past coming to visit, and also to say good-bye to some new friends who are making that first exciting trip overseas to visit other friends who have gone global...There is something special about airports. They are that exciting starting point when you are headed off on an adventure overseas...and they are also the places of tears when we say good-by to loved ones...and joy in welcoming friends and family from journeys abroad. So much emotion!

It is exiting to travel, but somehow I am also very content when I don't get to fly away, but return to my car, trying to remember where in this huge parking garage I left it in the first place...then rolling down the spiral drive way, through the pay-booth and back into Portland. We always try to drive the more scenic route on our way home...along the tranquil Columbia river...and if we are lucky we get a view of Mt Hood peaking out from the clouds ...and we sigh with great pride...Oregon sure it beautiful!! And we are glad to be here...right now. Well, we all know it is not where we are that makes a difference....but that we are where we know God wants us to be....and that happens to be Oregon right now for us! And that is fine!

No comments: