Tuesday, June 09, 2009

A week later

It is funny how fast a week can go...and also how long it can seem. But realizing that we got back here just a week ago...well, there is an aweful lot of stuff that has happened since. The main thing was of course that we had Global Outreach Weekend....it went well and we had some awesome people show up and share....in words and in deeds....only God knows how this weekend will impact lives around us. We are thankful!! I did put in a lot of hours and now....I am looking forward to having some time off...in the garden, planting, weeding...and just hanging out in that beautiful back yard right here .....a good thing.

Always when we come back from a long trip I wrestle with the basic question that pops up ever so often in my life....who am I? Where do I belong? Where is home? Only after you have lived cross culturally can you indentify with that....technically this is not home...at the same time as Sweden is no longer home either....well, for all of you out there who are thinking that I have somehow lost it...do not worry...I know that this is home....because this is where God has us planted right now. And it is good. This is our little outpost where we sit and watch the happenings around the Globe...and keep an eye on our friends out and about....pray and stay focused on what God is doing....all in all...a good thing.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Global Outreach was amazing, as usual. I still find myself thinking of Dr. Val's story, I've relistened to it twice now on the church website. Thank you for encouraging us all to get behind our M.'s We've decided to have each kid 'adopt' a missionary - I can't wait to see where this goes.

And we know you haven't lost it, you just have a better understanding than most of us that heaven is our True Home! I think we too easily get satisfied with where we're at, instead of feeling out of place and longing for Home.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I missed the Global Outreach weekend at GSCC. It was always one of my favorites. I will need to listen to the Dr. Val's story that Ginger mentioned!

You are missed! As you and I share a similar condition...I'm amazed at all the travel you can do. I loved the photos of you in Sweden...a glimpse into your other home. :)