Sunday, June 15, 2008

Relief Weekend

The Relief Weekend came and went...and it was awesome!! Thank you Jesus!! It all came together in a way that we could not have imagined. If you want to read more....read Ginger's comment on my previous blog!! That is what we were praying would happen...and it happend. Here are some pictures.....and here is my heartfelt THANK YOU to friends who served...Seth, you provided two awesome videos that let us see Burundi from the inside....Trina, you gave us pictures that has so captured the heart of your adopted country...and you picture of "the feet" was also part of our logo.....thank you Jen, Jenni, Debbie and Sarah for helping me make those displays....and thank you Shelly for making that logo look so professional....and then for transforming lumps of clay into beautiful pots during three services....awesome....and thank you Dan and Tambry and Sara for sharing your lives on stage....and thank you to the best CREW ever who did everything from music, singing, playing, drama, lights, vidoes, and holding it all together, the master of production....Mr. Rich himself. Thank you!! And Thank you Jonathan who MC'ed, led, preached and shared your heart out....may God be glorified in it all as we share with the poorest of the poor....


The stage was beautiful with an awesome banner...True Generosity Truly Transforms

One of the four displays in the FOYER


Jonathan sharing about the Karamoja people in Uganda


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rakel we almost missed service this weekend and we were SOOO glad we didn't! It was so inspiring. I laughed, I cried, I cried some more. Thank you for all of the work you all put into that service. Ben and I are so thankful that our church has such a heart for the lost.

oregonfatts said...

wow... great stuff Rakel. We will be seeing you in a few months I guess.