Time to talk about something other than the weather...although I have to admit that this weekend is shaping upt to be extra ordinare....not a palm tree tropical....but a nice, windy, sunny, and fairly warm Oregon spring day. Time to get out and dig in the garden. I love it.And that takes me back to one of my favorite little books that I return to ever so often. Every time I read in it...it feels like new, and still I have had it for a while...I got this little book several years ago as a little gift at the end of the year from Women's Bible Study here at my church...The book is called "A Woman's Garden of Prayer"by Sarah Maddox and Patti Webb...
It is truly a remarkable little book and has ministered to me BIG TIME, many times. Why do I like this book? Well, first because I love gardening...second because it is something that really needs to take place in our lives to live a healthy Christian life!! Gardening. So, what do I mean? Well, let's look at the content and you might get an idea:
Chapter One: Tools in my garden (Using Expressions that Edify)
Chapter Two: Weeding and Feeding (Handling My Emotions)
Chapter Three: Perennial Challenge (Dealing with Expectations)
Chapter Four: Welcome to My Garden (Encircling Others)
Chapter Five: Deepening My Roots (Growing Spiritually)
Chapter Six: Working My Garden (Honoring God in My Endevours)
Chapter Seven: Applying God's Fertilizer (Enriching My Marriage)
Chapter Eight: Growing Beautiful Plants (Experiencing Motherhood)
Chapter Nine: My Changing Garden ( Growing Through Life's Seasons)
Chapter Ten: Planting Seeds For The Harvest (Expanding My World)
Chapter Eleven: It's Springtime in My Garden (New Beginnings)
2 comments:
Sounds like a good book. I've been out in the yard in the past few days. What beautiful Oregon weather we are having. Yippee. Melanie
Rakel,
I'll have to check it out - gardening is my therapy. There's nothing like playing in the dirt and watching things grow!
Thanks!
Post a Comment