I wonder what my poor little tulips thought when it snowed the other day? Well, that is what we are all wondering...somebody has gotten something wrong...it is APRIL!!
1 comment:
Anonymous
said...
I agree...no more snow please! I am ready for sunshine!
Rakel, I read your comment on Angie's blog. I want to say that I agree with you and your perspective. I think that Angie was saying that what she got out of the book was right for her and her family, not everyone else's. I think that too often in our society birth control is used without giving a second thought to what God might have for us, or without seeking His face. I know MANY couples who have sought God's will for them and some come up with no more kids, and some come up with lots more. What I don't agree with when it comes to Nancy Campbell's thinking, is that is seems to be very legalistic, and she preached at the retreat that I was at that it is the way for all Christians. I do not agree with that, nor will I ever. I think Ben and I will know what God has for us when it comes to children, and since that is the season of life we are in right now, it seems to be the issue that we deal with often. In fact we just talked last night about how we believe in using our judgement and discernment when it comes to this issue. I know someday it won't be in the front of our minds. I also agree that we need to raise our kids to have a heart for the lost and dying. Can we have both though? Isn't there a balance? Large families who think globally? I know of many. Many are overseas from our church. I am thankful for your thoughts and feelings on this topic. You know it has been a hard one for me, and I hesitate to promote what Nancy speaks, because I don't agree with all of her teaching.
1 comment:
I agree...no more snow please! I am ready for sunshine!
Rakel,
I read your comment on Angie's blog. I want to say that I agree with you and your perspective. I think that Angie was saying that what she got out of the book was right for her and her family, not everyone else's. I think that too often in our society birth control is used without giving a second thought to what God might have for us, or without seeking His face. I know MANY couples who have sought God's will for them and some come up with no more kids, and some come up with lots more. What I don't agree with when it comes to Nancy Campbell's thinking, is that is seems to be very legalistic, and she preached at the retreat that I was at that it is the way for all Christians. I do not agree with that, nor will I ever. I think Ben and I will know what God has for us when it comes to children, and since that is the season of life we are in right now, it seems to be the issue that we deal with often. In fact we just talked last night about how we believe in using our judgement and discernment when it comes to this issue. I know someday it won't be in the front of our minds. I also agree that we need to raise our kids to have a heart for the lost and dying. Can we have both though? Isn't there a balance? Large families who think globally? I know of many. Many are overseas from our church. I am thankful for your thoughts and feelings on this topic. You know it has been a hard one for me, and I hesitate to promote what Nancy speaks, because I don't agree with all of her teaching.
Thanks Rakel:) I appreciate you.
Post a Comment