
We have the most amazing friends! This last Sunday we were invited to come for lunch at the Martins house. It was to be a time of just hanging out and "rest" and relaz after working hard at Mission Connexion. Sounded great. So at about 1:15 PM we went to pick up Kristin at her house...not quite sure why she needed a ride as she has a great car herself. But we did not think too much of it. So we arrived at the Martins....and Jonathan came out...said hi...and showed us where we could park...and then there was Janie
..."Come down and see what we have been fixing in the basement" they said....and since the Martins always have some great projects going in the basement, we did not think this was that strange either
...."Mmmmm it smells good Janie" Pat said as we all trekked down to the basement....and then Jonathan opened the door to their Blue Room...and
SURPRISE, SURPRISE!!!! There were tons of people hiding in the basement
....."This is a Party to HONOR you guys!!"We were soooooooo.....surprised. Did not have a clue.... we were totally overwhelmed. What a party!! What wonderful friends!!! Oh it was GREAT.
And after a delicious potluck we were even more surprised when were present with a substantial gift
to go to Hawaii......oh my dream of a beach and a palmtree!!!
And there was that great life size cut-out of us!! Thanks everyone who was part of this.....I will post more pictures when I get them from Trina!! Thank you Jonathan and Janie, Larry and Laura, Kristin, Seth and Trina....and all of you who had been sceeming and planning this for FIVE months!! Can't believe it....
Thank you Jesus for FRIENDS!
2 comments:
I'm sorry that I missed it, but it looks like it was such a wonderful time!! I appreciate you guys so much, and I'm so excited that you get to vacation in Hawaii now! :)
Have so much fun in Hawaii! You guys deserve a fun time lounging on the beach together.
Post a Comment