Sunday, February 19, 2006

Having it all

Growing up in Sweden, cold and snow were never an issue, but as you know, I am NOT a fan of cold winds anymore than I love rain...sun and palmtrees does it for me. Today I actually had a little bit of both. Sitting in my living room looking out on my backyard...I suddenly realized.... I actually have it all. Super Sun shining outside...and several lovely palmtrees...lining my big windows...on the inside!! Well, I figure, if you cannot go where the palmtrees are...I'll bring them here. That is also why my read garden shed in the back yard brings me such pleasure, at least to look at. It is painted in the red color of my native Sweden, complete with white trim found on so many cute little houses in the Swedish country side...Figrued I can't be over there...so we brought it all to our back yard...And in the front yard I now have three thriving Birchtrees....my favorite Swedish tree...can't be in Sweden at this time...so I have made sure I at least have the trees that will remind me of home. I guess all of this happens to you when you desparately make an effort to live cross culturally wherever you are....you know you CAN do it!! ( I still like sunshine and palm trees....and a beach the best!!)

No comments: