Thursday, December 15, 2005

December Notes


Greetings from a VERY cold Oregon!!
The temperatures actually go way below freezing most every night now...something we are not used to here in Oregon. It feels good to have a fire-place and that is where we hang out most of the time....Our tree is up, the house is decorated...Christmas music is filling the house...Well, all of this was up and running very early this time as I wanted to surprise the guys as they came back from Egypt. Now Andraus is back in California enjoying the palm trees and the sunshine...and we are looking forward to a slightly different Holiday this year...no kids, no family...so what do you do? You go out and "adopt" some folks...and that is what we have done... and we are looking forward to Christmas. Thinking of all of you around the Globe who are not with family....and all the "adopting" taking place all over...being part of the BODY...what would we do without it?

3 comments:

Tabs said...

I love your christmas tree! Its so pretty and very inviting! And yes, a fire place is so lovely and fun to enjoy when it's all blistery cold outside. Your "adopted" family membors will love coming to your house over the holiday's, I'm sure of it! And what a nice homecoming for the guys, I bet they just loved coming home a house all ready for the season. :)

Anonymous said...

rakel!! how are you feeling? we prayed our hearts out for you the other day ... and I have missed you sorely this week. trina and I are still hoping to take you out when you're up for it ...

daylon said...

This is such a beautiful picture and tree! We would love to have you come by our house for a visit with your adoptees for some coffee and christmas cookies on Christmas Day. Is it possible??? Love much to you.