Friday, February 06, 2009
Taking Breaks and Being Sick
It is funny that in my house....at least when it comes to taking breaks and being sick....they always seem to go together. Unless I am sick or something, those frivolous, guilt-free breaks are not really part of my life. Who do I really think I am? Well, that is a good question. Somehow I ( and many with me) have decided that we are Superwomen or something and we go and go and go until we fall apart. Not even GOD Himself ran non-stop...He took a break. And I don't. A good friend of mine told me today that it would be good for me to take a break here and there....maybe even during one of those super full days....she is right. So now I have my break. And I am being sick. The couch looks good right now....with a roaring fired....a nice blanket...a Swedish Cross word puzzle....and I am set. I am taking my break. And should that zappy feeling of no energy, of aching all over persist....well, you know where to find me this weekend when I originally had 5 (FIVE) different things on my schedule....who do I really think I am??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing your passion and enthusiasm for God's word with us today. I love the vitality that you bring when you share. It sure isn't dull theology is it? :)
Post a Comment