Friday, January 30, 2009

A Global Perspective

I have probably talked about this before on this blog.....that it is not so much where YOU are that matters, but what your HEART is all about....and when your heart has a global perspective....you can live in Gresham, and still wander the world.

Let me explain.

This morning I was putting together the weekly prayer bulletin for our church. Well, this is something I have done more or less every week for the last 11 years....(that is a lot of prayer bulletins). We call this Prayerline. Anyway, in Prayerline we publish news, notes, letters, e-mail, information, spot-lights and information from around the Globe. All for the purpose of prayer.

So, believe it or not.....on this rather cold and foggy January day I have actually "been all over". I published news from Africa, Thailand, Africa again, Slovenia, Africa two more times....and finally something from Hong Kong....That way, our people have things to pray for from around the Globe....and they are getting a Global perspective!!

Then I spent time on conversation with someone who had come home from Africa and later on this evening someone who had been to a European country for an extended period of time....both needing to talk and to debrief....then tonight, there was an e-mail from our friends in Thailand saying they had arrived safely.

So, on this Friday, I have truly circled the Globe....I did not need 80 days to do so....it happen in just a few short hours....and I never left Gresham.

What about you.....do you have a Global perspective....how is God using you to impact men and women around the Globe?? Do you know He can?

No comments: