Friday, February 09, 2007

A Visitor


We have a visitor in our house. Well, for those of you who know us.... that is nothing new...there is always someone else here at our house. But this visitor is from SWEDEN...my motherland. So he comes bringing not only that heavenly language with him...he also brought some Swedish chocolate. Yum. But he cool thing about our friend is not where he is from, or what he brings...no the cool thing is what GOD has called him to be involved in. He is presently the Director of a Relief and Developement work called Operation Mercy. They work primarily in the Turkic and Farsi speaking world. Right now they have several hundred people working in over 17 countries...doing all kinds of wonderful things. Want to know more? Here is a web site for you: www.mercy.se
PS. Tomorrow is my BIRTHDAY! At my age that is usually not something to get too excited about....but my dear husband thinks otherwise........wherever I turn in this house...there is a card!! You should see all the cards I have already!! And I got a NICE package from my dear kids in CA the other day. So, the celebration is on....and it is a good thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

R and P.

Send greetings to Mr. B.E. It was great to catch up on your part of the World via the blog. Thanks for your work and service. I'm often encouraged hearing what you're up to!

look forward to seeing you March 3. What a special day for us, and thanks so much for your love and support in our lives!
michael

matt & cheryl said...

I FOUND you at last!!! i think i had your old blog address but just found the right one from bekah's site. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Rakel!!! i hope it was fabulous!! maybe see you tuesday!

Laura Jean said...

Oh Happy Birthday!!! I'm excited for tomorrow night! It was great to see you tonight. :)